Record Series - Digitisation
The Record Series is a collection of 138 publications covering a wide range of topics:
- Monumental Inscriptions in Nottinghamshire parishes.
- Census Surname Indexes of the Nottinghamshire Registration District.
- Marriage Indexes for marriages recorded in the Nottinghamshire parish registers.
- Many transcriptions of documents relating to Nottinghamshire in the Miscellany series of publications.
Digitisation of some these publications has started:
- The Monumental Inscriptions will be scanned, read by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and put into a spreadsheet format suitable for inclusion in the main monumnetal inscription database.
- Publications in the Miscellany series will be scanned, read by OCR software and converted into a word processor format for later indexing of names and places.
You will need a computer, a scanner, OCR software and a spreadsheet or word processing application. If you would like more information, contact the Society.